- This event has passed.
Sharing Sensitive News with Parents
February 26, 2018Free
Child care providers are often the first people to identify concerns about a child’s speech and language development, however, providers are often unsure of how to broach their concerns to parents. This session is designed to prepare child care providers to effectively share concerns about a child’s speech and language development with parents.
NOTE: This training is suggested as a pre-requisite to “Working Together with Parents”, which is being offered on Friday, March 16.
- To understand why sharing sensitive news is challenging, both for educators and parents
- To plan ahead for difficult conversations
- To learn how to implement a 7-step approach to successfully sharing sensitive news
Standards of practice
- Caring and Responsive Relationships
- Professionalism and Leadership
Presented By: Tamara Stein (M.Sc.(A)-SLP(C)),
The Hanen Centre
Suite 515 1075 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5S 2B1
District: Toronto and East York District