- This event has passed.
Five-Day Certificate Program in Narrative Therapy
August 14, 2017 - August 18, 2017$1250
Narrative Summer Camp for Adults: Actively Engage and Leave Empowered to Implement Change
Narrative Therapy conversations guide clinicians and other helpers to provide time-limited, change-focused and collaborative sessions. If you are new to practice, you will be introduced to a stimulating framework for doing inspired work in this field. If you are an experienced clinician, you will be invited to explore and adapt these ideas and practices to fit with what you already do best.
Through interactive conversations, small and large group exercises, live demonstrations, coached practices and worksheet handouts, you will learn to bring the time-limited and skills-based practices of Narrative Therapy vibrantly into your current work!
You will learn to:
- Make your therapeutic relationships even stronger and more collaborative
- Bring forward people’s values, skills and hopes even in the midst of repetitious complaint and systemic constraints
- Manage multi-person, conflict-prone and mandated sessions in a way that increases alliance and motivation
- Use assessment and closing documentation to support change
- Embed support for change within people’s existing communities and networks
- Re-energize your commitment and engagement with the work you love
Facilitator: Bonnie Miller MSW, RSW