- This event has passed.
Counselling Skills Certificate
September 18, 2017 @ 9:00 am - September 19, 2017 @ 4:00 pm$1350
This six day training, two days at a time over three months, is strategically structured so each session builds practical, easy to apply skills for moving from passive listening to active helping. You will learn the essentials of client-centered capacity building conversations; the type of conversations that allow you to feel effective without feeling overwhelmed. The activities in this training will provide you with creative, concrete and easy to use tools and strategies that will add to your existing skills.
You will learn to:
- Identify people’s skills and set meaningful goals
- Nurture and maintain people’s motivation for change
- Collaborate with and nurture people’s support systems
- Use documents to encourage hope
- Maintain your professional skill development
This training is suitable for everyone: educators, mental health and medical professionals and direct service workers.
Facilitator: Bonnie Miller MSW, RSW
Dates: September 18, 19, October 10, 11, November 7 and 8, 2017