- This event has passed.
Applying Solution-Focused Strategies in Schools
October 30, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
School staff are faced with multiple challenges from students, parents and the board itself at times as they are asked to do more with less. This one-day workshop will offer an understanding of the conceptual base of a solution-focused approach and will explore a range of applications in the school context.
You will learn to
- Use questioning practices for engaging marginalized youth
- Use tools for quick hallway interviews with students
- Assess workable goals and determine motivation
- Change behaviour and meaning frames
- Engage students as peer helpers
- Manage parent-school meetings
- Consult with teachers and help school staff notice a difference
- Introduce solution-focused concepts in a school system
This training is suitable for school Social Workers, Child and Youth Workers, Teachers, School Personnel, Residential School Staff and other allied disciplines who work or consult to schools.
Facilitator: Eric J. King MSW, RSW