Family Supports Institute Ontario
Membership Policy and Procedure
Approved by the Board of Directors: October 11 2017
Purpose: The purpose of this policy is to outline Family Supports Institute Ontario’s procedure for renewing annual agency, individual friends and supporters, and student memberships for the organization.
This membership renewal protocol is effective for memberships purchased September 1, 2017 onward.
Note: The cost of an agency membership is $100, the cost of an individual friends and supporters membership is $80 and the cost of a student membership is $25. Membership renews on a 365-day cycle.
- The Executive Assistant will update the membership form with any necessary changes (i.e. cost of membership, membership expiry dates, etc.)
- The Executive Committee will approve all renewal notice campaigns sent out by the Executive Assistant regarding membership renewal.
- The Executive Assistant will send out renewal notices to all members with a membership expiry.
- Mail – in membership renewals:
- The Executive Assistant will check the mail at FSIO’s office regularly, photocopy all cheques for FSIO’s records, and deposit the cheques immediately to Alterna bank.
- A copy of the member’s cheque will be stapled to their membership form and will be organized according to the fiscal year. This documentation will be kept in a locked office.
- Online membership renewals:
- Members who renew their membership online will be billed annually for their membership through PayPal.
- A copy of their payment will be stapled to their membership form and will be organized according to the fiscal year. This documentation will be kept in a located office.
- The agency or individual will have their membership status updated within Mailchimp, and their access to the Member forum will be renewed.
- The Executive Assistant will provide the member with a receipt of payment for their records by the end of the fiscal period and FSIO will keep a copy of these receipts for the fiscal year in a password-protected location.
- Twice a year, the Executive Assistant will update FSIO’s website with current members who would like to be identified as members on our “Members” page.